Why You Need This: The first part of the karmic ties spell is invaluable. It helps you get used to live without those ties and move forward with a sense of freedom. You know those incredibly sweet and disturbing videos of research chimps that have been released into the wild by rescuers? Yeah, your soul probably feels like that. Those videos often feature those chimps not really knowing what to do with normal environmental stuff, like grass, trees, and fresh air. Many people who complete the first part of the karmic ties spell have a similar feeling because they’ve lived under the oppression of a grudge or toxic relationship for so long. The problem with people is they tend to gravitate towards what’s familiar to them, even if the familiar is a smoldering, nuclear cesspool. Clearing out karmic ties not only feels strange, but the drive to seek out the familiar can feel like money that’s burning a hole in your pocket. You don’t care if you spend your newfound emotional energy on absolute crap that you didn’t need, as long as you spend it. This can lead to seeking out the same radioactive sewage in different containers. I’m going to have you call on Metatron again because a large part of this spell is understanding your part in the toxicity so you get a clue how not to attract more of it.
When to Use This Spell: Obviously, after you clear the karmic ties in the first spell. (I’ve used a kind of sandwich technique in the past, where I’ve done one round of this spell in between two rounds of the first spell.) This spell is also useful for helping you resolve grudges that are no longer serving you and for releasing negative people from your life. I like to follow up these types of spells with protection spells so I can get used to my new head space without encroachment, but I’m paranoid. This spell is also super useful if you have a lot of trauma that resurfaces in your life randomly. My caution with that is to seek out professional help when needed and practice self-care.
What You Will Need:
1 large black candle (I dig novena candles, but use what calls to you)
1 large white candle (same preference)
1 large pink candle
Rose essential oil
Lavender essential oil
Pen and Paper
Time to yourself
*If you don’t have a good metaphysical shop near you, I recommend these guys highly:
*These guys don’t have a website, but they pour their own candles; they ship; they’re reasonably priced; offer great spell advice; and I love, love, love them:
Phone: (602) 977-7770
(Be sure to ask about their ritual soaps, if the ritual bath in the last spell appealed to you.)
What You Will Do:
- Use this meditation to Metatron: http://files.meetup.com/8200592/Metatron_Prayer.pdf Use this meditation for at least two minutes before you start this spell each day.
- Anoint your candles with the oils and repeat the following as you do so: “I ask the glorious archangel Metatron to please cleanse, balance, energize, and heal my body, mind, spirit, emotions and relationships. Please help me access my higher wisdom and understand my relationship with (who or whatever you have the nasty karma with) so I no longer attract this negativity into my life. Please remove any and all negativity in and around this relationship and replace it with healing, love, truth, white light, and prosperity.”
- Light the candles. Repeat the following three times: “Metatron, I thank God for making you so diligent about observing and recording what happens both on earth and in heaven in God’s book of life. Please guide me to make the best choices in life so I can avoid unnecessary regrets and build a strong spiritual legacy. Show me how powerful I can become when I live in faith, rather than in fear. Teach me how to use my spiritual power to bring glory to God and make the world a better place. ”
- Use the “Basic Unsent Forgiveness Letter” template below and answer the questions honestly. Use the first answer that comes to mind. You will be completing one of these letters each time you repeat this spell, so you’ll have at least 7 by the time you’re done.
- Envision the other person or situation in a transparent pink cube, surrounded by healing light. This is their higher self. Read what you wrote out loud, as though you are reading to the most understanding part of them that can actually process what you have to say.
- Repeat the following three times: “I ask the glorious archangel Metatron to please cleanse, balance, energize, and heal my body, mind, spirit, emotions and relationships. Please help me access my higher wisdom and understand my relationship with (who or whatever you have the nasty karma with) so I no longer attract this negativity into my life. Please remove any and all negativity in and around this relationship and replace it with healing, love, truth, white light, and prosperity.”
- Center yourself with at least three cleansing breaths. Allow yourself to acknowledge any thoughts, feelings, visions, random words, etc. you perceive in this moment. Thank Metatron for these messages and let them go.
- Repeat this spell once a day for a week, or until all of the candles have completely burned. Once the candles have completely burned, you can anoint the letters with the oil and burn them or anoint them and keep them in a book that is sacred to you.
Basic Unsent Forgiveness Letter
After you have identified the object of your anger (self or others), fill in the blanks. This is a very generic template, so feel free to write more than one letter. Whether or not you send it or share your feelings with the other person, place, or thing is entirely up to you.
- Dear ______________ (object of your anger),
- I love/respect/like you because ________________________ (find something nice to say about them, i.e. “you have great hygiene,” “you taught me the importance of a dollar,” “you know how to make people feel special,” “you’re an awesome cook,” “we’ve had a lot of good times,” etc.)
- I wish you had loved/liked/respected me back by __________________________ (list all the ways you wanted to be treated better by them, e.g. “I wish you had taken the time to listen to me,” “I wish you never hit me,” “I wish you had stayed with me through the bad times,” “I wish you never taught me how to drink/use drugs,” “I wish you made more time for me,” et al)
- I forgive you for _______________________________ (list the things they did to you that were not so great that had to do with their limitations, i.e. “sacrificing kindness and human connection for religion,” “taking your pain out on me,” “reacting to the bad times by shutting down and leaving,” “showing me how to use drugs because that’s the only way you knew how to deal with things,” etc.)
- I appreciate this lesson in ______________________ (list what you think you learned from this negative interaction, such as patience, how not to act, the importance of being emotionally compatible with a partner, your own mortality, et al)
- I take back all the anger, hurt, fear, sadness, and ______________ that I’ve projected onto you.
- I dissolve all the fear, negativity, pain, rejection, and _______________ that you’ve projected onto me.
- I acknowledge that we part ways as two whole human beings with two separate lives. I acknowledge that any interaction I have with you in the future will be by choice and I take ownership of my feelings and actions if/when that time comes.