Why you need this: Things that go bump in the night. Stuff falling off your counters when the cat isn’t in the room. Feeling sick and suddenly struck with anger and a migraine after the in-laws leave. Certain people leave you feeling more drained than the American middle class’s pockets on Tax Day. A strange tingling on the back of your skull and the nagging suspicion that you’re being sent some questionable juju. That coworker who just seems to snare you in a conversational tractor beam of narcissistic suckage whenever you meander towards the coffee machine. You’ve heard the phrase “house guests and fish start to stink after two days.” Turgid, putrid energy starts to stink waaaaayyy sooner than that, but the problem is it tends to build over time. This means you probably don’t notice it until the energetic sludge starts to make you feel like you’re having a tea party at the home of an animal or paper hoarder… and the party keeps following you. Gross. Whether the negative energy is coming from humans or spirits, the average person could really use a quality negative energy releasing spell in their arsenal.
My personal feeling is you need to constantly clean your space and keep your aura good, but there will be more tips on that as we go. This spell is for when you notice something’s starting to get rotten in the state of Denmark (or your house, or work, or around certain people). It’s not a full-on protection spell (which will be a future post, btw), but this nine-day novena to Azrael will help you rid your space of nasties and help you get clear enough to determine a good course of action. This spell not only flushes out the stank juju, but also shows you from whence it came. I like using Azrael for these clearings because he’s the Archangel of Death, which means it’s his job to regulate who gets to hang out on the material plane. I’ve worked with Azrael for years and I have come to adore his subtle, loving energy and utterly sick sense of humor. You know he’s around because the energy is so serene and loving and you start to feel less congested by the nasty energy plaguing you. Azrael’s angel signs tend to be more subtle than Nathaniel’s (who is pretty much the Henry Rollins of the Angelic Realm). Azrael is the Bob Greene to Archangel Michael’s Jillian Michaels, if you will. He shows you the next step at a pace you can handle and is infinitely patient with whatever your level of understanding is.
- Large black candle (I like novena candles for this. If you don’t have a solid metaphysical shop near you, order from these guys http://www.dragonmarsh.com/ )
- Large white candle (again, same preference)
- Clove and/or patchouli oil (I also make something called Get the Hell Back Oil, which I can provide a little of in hand sanitizer form for $10 through PayPal. Or you can get clove and patchouli oils for awesome prices from these nice folks http://www.bulkapothecary.com/ )
- Sandalwood or frankincense incense
- Get yourself into a meditative state. How you get there is up to you (there will be future posts about this). Envision a bubble of white light around your entire home and anything else you want to protect.
- Light the incense and anoint the candles with the oil. As you do so, state your intention: “I ask the glorious Archangel Azrael to cleanse, balance, and heal my body, mind, spirit, emotions, and (what it is you want purified). I also ask Azrael to cast out other people, places, or things that have entered this space and seek to harm or manipulate me, intentionally or unintentionally by thought, by emotion, by action, or by energy and replace this negativity with healing, love, truth, white light, and prosperity.” Remember this intention statement because you will be repeating it after each repetition of the following prayer.
- Recite the following 3-9 times:
O’ Azrael, the blessed angel of death, glorious and wise, defender of the good human soul, see me now in my time of torment and great need. Come down and snatch all lost souls and spirits that now seek to terrorize and haunt me, and cast them into the afterlife so that they can no longer fill me with fear. Blessed Azrael, please hear me, come down in my defense and round up the lost souls who have passed on from human form and dare to defy you by staying on this realm with evil actions. Azrael, deliver me, please hear me! This evil that now plagues me and my home, the souls of the departed, come and scare them away forever and ever.
By the power of light, I ask the glorious archangel Azrael to cast out all evil and darkness in and around (whatever you’re protecting). By the power of light, I ask the glorious archangel Azrael to call upon only goodness to dwell in the body of (whatever you’re protecting). By the power of the glorious archangel Azrael, I set (whatever you’re protecting) free.
(Note: this prayer to Azrael is a combination of two spells I’ve found in my travels. The first is from http://thewiccanblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/in-defense-of-azrael.html and the second paragraph is from The Little Book of Candle Magic by D.J. Conway. I repurposed it and made it mine, but it originally wasn’t. Buy it here https://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Candle-Magic/dp/1580910432 )
- Recite your intention statement:
“I ask the glorious archangel Azrael to cleanse, balance, and heal my body, mind, spirit, emotions, and (what it is you want purified). I also ask Azrael to cast out other people, places, or things that have entered this space and seek to harm or manipulate me, intentionally or unintentionally by thought, by emotion, by action, or by energy and replace this negativity with healing, love, truth, white light, and prosperity.” after each time you recite the prayer to Azrael.
- Send white light energy to the area you’re protecting for at least three breaths.
- Recite Psalm 23 from the Bible.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
(Note: I’m not Christian and I haven’t been Catholic since I was a teenager. However, I use a lot of biblical and angelic stuff for certain things because the energy that has built up around angels and the Psalms can be quite powerful. Watch your intentions when you bust out with biblical stuff, however. Impure or ego-based intentions will come back on you.)
- Close out the ritual in whatever way makes sense to you.
- Repeat the next day and the next and the next…
- Stop letting nasty people into your air space! I know, I know. Sometimes nasty people are unavoidable. Just be cognizant of how certain people make you feel. Shielding is one of the many topics I plan on covering. Shielding should be done no matter what, but feeling especially insane, angry, sick, depressed, heavy, disoriented, or disconnected around a person is a bad sign and should be heeded. Journal this.
Want a personalized spell? Then order one! Hit me up here:
PayPal me at https://www.paypal.me/spicevicious